Re: Debian package for PGF 2.10

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:

Hi Faheem

2011/3/14 Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu>:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:

"if which mktexlsr" is indeed code that dh_installtex uses.

Ok, so I should go ahead and make the changes as I wrote them?

Should one be using dh_installtex instead? I'm not clear about that.

Indeed.  Have a look at "man dh_installtex" (part of "tex-common").

If the package contains fonts, hyphenation patterns or formats, then check the "complex usage" (but i don't think that's the case with PGF). Otherwise just run "dh_installtex -ppackage" in debian/rules to trigger "mktexlsr". Make sure you get the right dependencies in debian/control (i.e. "tex-common").

So this will generate correct postinst and postrm files automatically? That seems to be what the man page is saying, but I'm not sure I've understood it correctly. Thanks.

                                                       Regards, Faheem