Re: The horrible infinite-loop detected bug

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Yes. I agree. We should also check that the following lines actually
> define the two formats as taken over from the old file. What a pain.

What about the following: We check exactely for the 4 lines in that
have been transfered, nothing more and nothing less and remove
only those and add the comment:

# make sure that no strange old duplicate lines are hanging around in
# 10texlive-base.cnf
if [ -r /etc/texmf/fmt.d/10texlive-base.cnf ] ; then
  sed --in-place=pre-edit '
    /^# The following added lines have been transferred from/ {
      /^# The following added lines have been transferred from\n# \/etc\/texmf\/fmt.d\/10texlive-base-bin.cnf\n#They take precedence over earlier entries\netex            pdftex         language.def    -translate-file=cp227.tcx \*etex.ini\npdfetex         pdftex         language.def    -translate-file=cp227.tcx \*pdfetex.ini/ {
        s/\n/\n###/g
        s/^/# The following lines are disabled to protect loops\n# Please see Debian bug #557091 for details\n###/
      }
}' /etc/texmf/fmt.d/10texlive-base.cnf

What do you think?

We could make the spaces between
	pdftex    language.def
into arbitrary spaces
	\s+
but other than that I think that is a better approach.

(Took me some time to understand multiline sed stuff)

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining                preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan               TU Wien, Austria            Debian TeX Task Force
gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094   fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
LLANELLI (adj.)
Descriptive of the waggling movement of a person's hands when shaking
water from them or warming up for a piece of workshop theatre.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff