Re: Where are \mathbg and \text?

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 00:16 +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 04:34:54PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I have a new package whose latex-generated documentation uses \mathbg
> > and \text in math environments.  Those commands don't work:
> > ! Undefined control sequence.
> > l.3810 ...\mathbf z) \qquad \qquad \forall \mathbg
> >                                                    z\in V_h \\ \mathbf{W}^{k...
> > The control sequence at the end of the top line
> > of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
> > misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
> > spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
> > and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
> >
> > ! Undefined control sequence.
> > l.3942 $\int_K \sum_{c=1}^{\text
> >                                 {n\_components}} \sum_{d=1}^{\text{dim}} \ma...
> > The control sequence at the end of the top line
> > of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
> > misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
> > spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
> > and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
> >
> > Does anyone know which package includes these?  I've tried
> > texlive-latex-extra and texlive-math-extra, to no avail.
>
> Never come across \mathbg; is it a typo for \mathbf perhaps?
> And \text is in the amsmath package:
> \usepackage{amsmath}

Thanks!  I found \mathbg via Google in a couple of places, mainly
lyx-devel, it's a text background color.  Still no idea where it is
though.

I found it in _formulas.tex generated by doxygen, but can't find mathbg
anywhere in the source code or package doc/ directory, so doxygen must
be producing it somehow.  On the other hand, there's \mathbf z
previously on the same line...

So the bug is in doxygen: it needs to \usepackage{amsmath} and is
generating a bogus \mathbg.  Will file right now.

Thanks,
-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/