Re: Unblocking latex-cjk-chinese-arphic?

Dear Release Managers and Frank

Op 13-09-08 15:45, schreef Frank Küster:

> have you already discussed what to do with the FTBFS bug in
> latex-cjk-chinese-arphic in testing?  It's fixed in unstable, but I
> don't see a freeze exception request in the archives.
>
> I'm also not sure the version would qualify for an exception, since it
> contains a considerable number of changes. Nearly all of them seem to be
> related to the build failure, but I'm not sure.

Indeed, there have been many more changes than absolutely necessary to fix
the 1.17 version in testing.

However, intrinsically the package hasn't changed, i.e. the fonts themselves.
 They have been published by Arphic and will never get an update.  So all the
changes made in latex-cjk-chinese-arphic are only of concern to Debian itself
and the package's relation with other packages, such as #497684 (which causes
an FTBFS in Lenny).  No new functionalities have been introduced between 1.17
and 1.19.

I humbly think that FTBFS bug fixes like #465635 and #465635 warrant a freeze
exception for 1.19.

Changelog:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/l/latex-cjk-chinese-arphic/latex-cjk-chinese-arphic_1.19/changelog

> The general freeze exceptions file contains version 1.18 - does that
> mean we only need to consider the changes from 1.17 to 1.18?

Same question.

Freeze exceptions list:
http://release.debian.org/britney/hints/freeze-exception

Thank you very much for your time.  I know it is a pretty hectic time for
members of the Debian Release Management, and certainly appreciate all the
work you do.

Best regards

--
Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)