Re: New version of latex-cjk-chinese-arphic

Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:
> BTW, this will be one of the last version of my Arphic packages.  I plan to
> move to Arne Götje's CJKunifont (ukai and uming), which should have proper
> vertical information in the GSUB tables and which combine traditional and
> simplified Chinese all in one TTF.

They do. However, please note that the fonts are now in TTC format, to
be able to provide the proper glyph shapes for each CJKV region. If you
can tell me when you want to start on this, I can probably reserve some
time to assist you.
It might be a good idea to integrate the build scripts into the original
source package, which will be updated to contain the source .sfd plus
the build scripts to build the .ttc. Then we can build both binary
packages from the same source.

A question related to this: does anyone on this list have experience
with CID fonts, which have custom CMap files? I found that ghostscript
cannot deal with binary OTF fonts, but only with PS fonts. However, I
couldn't get the CMap files to work correctly.
If we could get the CID font with custom CMap files to work, we can save
a lot of space, both in the package and on the users' disks. I can
provide a test font, which I have prepared some time ago to do the
testing. Just need to find someone who knows the details of font
handling in TeX and ghostscript (which I'm not familiar with).

Cheers
Arne
--
Arne Götje (高盛華) <arne@linux.org.tw>