Re: pdftexconfig.tex twice in pdftexlive-base-bin

On 13.05.08 Norbert Preining (preining@logic.at) wrote:
> On So, 30 Mär 2008, Hilmar Preusse wrote:

Hi,

> > Thanks for explanation. This is already a bug: #458494.
>
> If that is so, than we should close this bug, because the presence
> of the file outside the /etc hierachy is *necessary* to deal with
> the tetex-removes-config-files bug.

The real problem is that (according to the submitter) the old
pdftexconfig.tex is taking priority over the current version:

burnside:~ $ locate pdftexconfig.tex
/etc/texmf/tex/generic/pdftexconfig.tex
/etc/texmf/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex
/usr/share/texlive-bin/pdftexconfig.tex

burnside:~ $ kpsewhich pdftexconfig.tex
/etc/texmf/tex/generic/pdftexconfig.tex

burnside:~ $ dpkg -S pdftexconfig.tex
texlive-base-bin: /usr/share/texlive-bin/pdftexconfig.tex
texlive-base-bin: /etc/texmf/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex

I do however have another situation, the problematic file
(/etc/texmf/tex/generic/pdftexconfig.tex) is missing.

I misunderstood the report, it must be kept open. I'm sorry!

H.
--
To generalize is to be an idiot.
		-- William Blake