Re: triggers support in tex-common

On Mi, 14 Mai 2008, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> Maybe it would be a good idea to upload to experimental and after
> about a month to unstable. The first we/you (:-) can do now, I guess

Ok, I will try to upload a version to experimental and announce the
triggers support here and on debian-devel, but ...

> Well, creating format files can take a while, especially if all
> possible formats have to be created (pdf(la)tex, xetex, etc.).

first I try to get fmt triggers working, too.

Normally only those formats are recreated which have been newly
installed, so there is no problem with that. The postinst code calls
	fmtutil-sys --all --cnffile /etc/texmf/fmt.d/MY_CONFIG_FILE
thus other formats are not automatically regenerated.

So the only problem is for the hyphenation patterns where the same
formats (latex, pdflatex, xelatex) are re-created again and again.

There will be still some overlap, since when we install texlive-base-bin
we call
	fmtutil-sys --all
plain ahead, so there would be no need, but anyway, any saved fmtutil
call is better than none saved.

`The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin,
`and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The
third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went
into a bit of a decline.'
                 --- Marvin reflecting back on his 576,000,003,579 year
                 --- career as Milliways' car park attendent.