Re: (fwd) Re: dvips35.map disappearing from ls-R after force-purge-then-reinstall of tex-common

>> >   2. In this particular case, we would be safe if:
>> >
>> >        a) Every package that uses /var/lib/texmf/ depended on
>> >           tex-common (so that tex-common can wipe out the directory when
>> >           purged).
>> >
>> >        b) Every non-optional file stored in /var/lib/texmf/ was
>> >           regenerated at configure time by the responsible package (so
>> >           that the sequence I gave in my previous mail doesn't cause any
>> >           file loss under /var/lib/texmf/).
>> >
>> > As far as the pool files are concerned, this is static stuff,
>> > right? So, they are in the wrong TEXMF tree, IMHO. As for mfw.base,
>> > I don't know its purpose, so I cannot comment.
>> >
>> I don't find the statement above in the "The Debian TEX sub-policy".
>> Isn't it worth to be put into it?

Which statement did you refer to - the one about pool files not
belonging to TEXMFVAR, or the one about mfw.base?

As for the latter, it seems that it is gone (texlive has mf and
mf-nowin, but not separate base files).

Frank Küster