Re: (fwd) Re: dvips35.map disappearing from ls-R after force-purge-then-reinstall of tex-common

On 03.02.08 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

Hi,

> >> I don't find the statement above in the "The Debian TEX
> >> sub-policy". Isn't it worth to be put into it?
>
> Which statement did you refer to - the one about pool files not
> belonging to TEXMFVAR, or the one about mfw.base?
>
> As for the latter, it seems that it is gone (texlive has mf and
> mf-nowin, but not separate base files).

hille@kloetzer:~ $ locate base|grep web2c|grep -v home
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/metafont/mf.base
hille@kloetzer:~ $ locate base|grep web2c|grep -v home|xargs ls -l
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 155100 2007-11-20 09:42
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/metafont/mf.base

Seems to be rather recently generated.

The pool files are arctuall in the correct dir (not generated files):

hille@kloetzer:~ $ locate pool|grep web2c
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/aleph.pool
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/mf.pool
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/omega.pool
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/pdftex.pool
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/tex.pool

I thought about putting point 2 a) and b) into the policy. As far as I
understood Florent he was thinking about methods to prevent further
bugs in other packages and one is to write policies.

H.
--
I want to kill everyone here with a cute colorful Hydrogen Bomb!!
  http://www.hilmar-preusse.de.vu/