Re: Release Goal Proposal: texlive-transition

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> While I think this is a useful case for mass-bugfiling, and that any NMUers
> of the affected packages should consider fixing these issues /when an NMU is
> already needed/, it's my impression that the alternative dependency is of
> only superficial importance.  I don't see any benefit to the quality of
> lenny for the release team to sanction this as an official "release goal"
> with sanctioned 0-day NMUs.

I disagree.

- tetex-bin and tetex-extra do still exist, as metapackages, and we
  would like to have the freedom to change their dependencies as we
  learn about users' needs, without bothering whether some package is
  broken by this.

- It would be nice if tetex-doc, and therefore the complete tetex-base
  source package, could be removed.

Frank Küster