Re: Install problem on ubuntu 7.04

Bob van der Poel <bob@mellowood.ca> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>
>> Maybe you should rather ask this on the Ubuntu TeX list, or submit a bug
>> via launchpad.  But the usual steps to debug this are independent of the
>> distro:  As root, run
>>
>> kpsewhich --format='web2c files' fmtutil.cnf
>> grep mpost `kpsewhich --format='web2c files' fmtutil.cnf`
>> grep mpost /etc/texmf/fmt.d/*
>
> root@Mellowood:~# kpsewhich --format='web2c files' fmtutil.cnf
> /etc/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
>
>  .. and, I just checked the file and it's there and is an ordinary
> file. All files in /etc/texmf are owned by root ... but I'd doing all
> this as root so it should be fine?

No, this file shouldn't exist.  Did you add any formats there or make
other changes?  If not, just move it out of the way, and all should be
fine.  If yes, make the changes to files in /etc/texmf/fmt.d (read
/usr/share/tex-common/TeX-on-Debian.* for more info), after that the
configuring should work.

Frank Küster