Re: Install problem on ubuntu 7.04

Bob van der Poel <bob@mellowood.ca> wrote:

> I'm sort of new to all this apt-get stuff, so there is probably a
> magical command ... but, I can't seem to resolve the deps with a
> texlive install.
>
> I think my problem is that I started with a tetex install, deleted
> that and then installed texlive.

That shouldn't cause any problems, that's exactly what apt-get and dpkg
are for.

> First I tried to install just a few of the packages I needed, finally
> I've tried to install texlive-full. But, the same error stuff keeps
> coming:

If you've got problems, I can't imagine any situation where they get
better by choosing texlive-full.

> Setting up texlive-metapost (2005.dfsg.2-12ubuntu1) ...
> Running mktexlsr. This may take some time... done.
> Building format(s) --byfmt mpost. This may take some time...
> fmtutil-sys failed. Output has been stored in
> /tmp/texlive.fmtutil.nfe11130
> Please include this file if you report a bug.
[...]
> The file /tmp/texlive.fmtutil.nfe11130 has the single line:
>
> 	fmtutil: no info for format `mpost'.
>
> Several other files are identical expect for 'omega', etc.

Maybe you should rather ask this on the Ubuntu TeX list, or submit a bug
via launchpad.  But the usual steps to debug this are independent of the
distro:  As root, run

kpsewhich --format='web2c files' fmtutil.cnf
grep mpost `kpsewhich --format='web2c files' fmtutil.cnf`
grep mpost /etc/texmf/fmt.d/*

Frank Küster