Re: texlive and asymptote

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 01:07 +0200, Michele B. wrote:

> I am sorry if this is not the right place to post but I dont know
> where else I should post it. I am using texlive 2007-11 from the
> repositories. Just updated two days ago all texlive. When I pdftex my
> texfile with included some asymptote environments it generates a wrong
> *.asy file I guess. This is the beginning of the generated asy file:

Can you please provide us with a minimal example file. I just tried
latexusage.tex that comes with asymptote, and that works with both
latex and pdflatex.

> access settings;
> if(!settings.multipleView)
>  settings.batchView=false;
> settings.tex=pp\immediate \write \sixt@@n {ngerman: "pp is now
> obsolete, please use ppp instead on input line 46.}\penalty \@M
> \discretionary {-}{}{}\penalty \@M \hskip \z@skip dflatex\errhelp {Use
> `` for a simple double quote character.}\errmessage {ngerman: The
> command "; is undefined}``;
>
> // Beginning of Asymptote Figure 1
> eval(quote{
> defaultfilename='notes_1';
>
> size(6cm,6cm);
>
> draw((1,0)--(0,1));
>
> I guess the value of settings.tex is set to some output of an error.
> Dont know if related to some buggy ngerman package or something else.
> I changed it to "settings.tex="pdftex";" and it works.
> And another thing. My pdftex can't generate by using the command
> "pdftex -output-format dvi testfile.tex" a dvi file. it generates
> always a pdf file.

That might well be related. Do you explicitly set \pdfoutput in the
tex file? Do you have any tests wrt latex vs pdflatex in your file?

cheerio
ralf