texlive and asymptote

Hello to all,

I am sorry if this is not the right place to post but I dont know
where else I should post it. I am using texlive 2007-11 from the
repositories. Just updated two days ago all texlive. When I pdftex my
texfile with included some asymptote environments it generates a wrong
*.asy file I guess. This is the beginning of the generated asy file:

access settings;
if(!settings.multipleView)
 settings.batchView=false;
settings.tex=pp\immediate \write \sixt@@n {ngerman: "pp is now
obsolete, please use ppp instead on input line 46.}\penalty \@M
\discretionary {-}{}{}\penalty \@M \hskip \z@skip dflatex\errhelp {Use
`` for a simple double quote character.}\errmessage {ngerman: The
command "; is undefined}``;

// Beginning of Asymptote Figure 1
eval(quote{
defaultfilename='notes_1';

size(6cm,6cm);

draw((1,0)--(0,1));

I guess the value of settings.tex is set to some output of an error.
Dont know if related to some buggy ngerman package or something else.
I changed it to "settings.tex="pdftex";" and it works.
And another thing. My pdftex can't generate by using the command
"pdftex -output-format dvi testfile.tex" a dvi file. it generates
always a pdf file.

Best Regards

Michele