Re: bad pdf page

Frank Küster wrote:
Qingshan Chen <qinchen@indiana.edu> wrote:

That is, the latex generated dvi is ok ( I use xdvi to view it); but
the converted pdf file is not:
the page is topped off, that is, the blank space on the top is gone,
and even most part of the
title is also gone.

Do you use Plain TeX?  There's a bug or rather incompatibility in pfdTeX
with positioning the origin.  It's been discussed at

http://sarovar.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=480&group_id=106&atid=4933

(note that the initial report comes first, after that you need to read
the discussion from bottom to top, well, ...)

Regards, Frank
Hi Frank,
Thank you for the reply. I don't think I am using Plain Tex. Instead I
am using Latex.

Now tetex and texlive co-live in the Debian Etch repository. When  I
installed texlive, I notice that apt report some dependency issues. I don't
know if this should cause the problem.

By the way, before texlive, I also tried tetex on this computer. It has the same
problem.

The link you provided doesn't seem to work ...

Thanks. Regards,
Qingshan