upstream infrastructure

Hi all!

We (=I) are implementing the infra structure of TeX Live new. If you
want to help, eg in case you are good in perl, please check out the
following stuff:
	svn co svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/new-infra

There is a specification, a perl api document, 4 modules, ... and of
course if you want to know more you can ask me.

Up to now it is working quite well, and the code looks quite readable.

Basic ideas of the new infra:
- no xml, ie no tpm files
- separate generated contents from not-generated contents
- get rid of list files (not for us important but the installer of
  texlive and tlpmgui use these list files)

Idea:
tlsrc
	source files which give the basic information
tlp
	package files are generated from tlsrc
tldb
	just a concateneation of tlp files

If you ever have taken a look at Debian's Package files you know what I
am talking about, it is the same.

My idea was to use *EXACTELY* the Debian format, so we could reuse
C/sh/whatever code. This can still be done trivially.

Thanks for any ideas, suggestions.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
MELTON CONSTABLE (n.)
A patent anti-wrinkle cream which policemen wear to keep themselves
looking young.