Re: jadetex upload

Dear Frank, dear Ohura-san,

On Mit, 02 Mai 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> According to "3.5.2.2 Determining the memory dump to use" in the web2c
> manual, &DUMP takes precedence of the link name or -progname setting.
> But that should only switch from jadetex to latex, and I get:
>
> $ kpsewhich --progname=latex fonttext.cfg
> /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/fonttext.cfg
> $ kpsewhich --progname=jadetex fonttext.cfg
> /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/fonttext.cfg
> $ kpsewhich --progname=pdftex fonttext.cfg
> /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/cslatex/base/fonttext.cfg
> $
>
> Therefore, even if preloading &latex switches to latex from jadetex, it
> shouldn't affect the problem.

Hmm, you are sure that nothing else changes?

> Actually, I think the cause for that bug is something different: just a
> forgotten invocation of update-texmf.  I did the following:

Ahhhh bingo... this makes some things clear, especially why it never
happened on my system, because I have this installed since some time.

Now that I look through the code of jadetex I see many things we could
simplify at all: First note that ALL versions in Debian are -7.1 (except
oldstable, which I would just forget, or?)

So we can assume that the status we have is the status as in unstable.

Under this assumption we can remove the full preinst/postinst/postrm
code stuff and only add a postinst
	update-texmf
call (btw Frank, we could add this to the dh_installtex which already
calls update-updmap, update-language, update-fmtutil, it does not cost
anything to call update-texmf, too????).

The rest would be added by dh_installtex.

Any comments from one of you two?

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
SWANIBOST (adj.)
Complete shagged out after a hard day having income tax explained to
you.