Re: How to add files that upstream does not install?

>> Why do we need this indirection step?  Wouldn't it be possible to let
>
> We don't need it for libkpathsea, only for the tpms.

But only to save us from passing an ugly

 echo $(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU)-$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH_OS)

to tpm2deb-bin.pl, right?  And we could as well use "debian-built"
instead of "i386-linux", in order to unconfuse newbie developers?

> Combination from those two? Add a file
> 	texlive-bin/debian/libkpathsea4.install
> listing all the files to be installed, then all in the rules(.in)
> 	dh_install
> That should be enough.

Yes, I've now done that and am doing a test build.  What do you think
about uploading?  If we upload to unstable without building a kpathsea
package, we get our packages to be used and tested sooner.  On the other
hand, if any urgent bugs show up, we cannot solve them by uploading
texlive-bin when it has already a version in NEW - this means that we
will always stall our development by including libkpathsea.  So why not
do it now?

I'm undecided.

Regards, Frank

P.S. This would all be easier if one could get ask whether any ftpmaster
plans to do work on NEW in the next weeks, how much, etc.  But as we all
know, you won't get an answer...