Re: [texlive] babels hebrew font jerusalem not available

Hi Peter, hi all!

On Die, 27 Feb 2007, Peter Eiserloh wrote:
> find the `jerus10' font (file missfont.log: "mktextfm
> jerus10").

This is a good point. I have NO idea what this jerus font is. I have
searched the internet a bit, and the only mentioning I found is a bug
report like yours. It seems that the file
	lhecmr.fd
just defines a not existing font.

> Using dselect, I found the ivritex package, but it
> depends upon tetex, and attempting to install it would
> remove the texlive suite.

Forget it, also the ivritex package ships the above lhecmr.fd mentioning
the jerus10 font without providing it.

> What recommedations do you have for getting the
> Jerusalem fonts installed?  Should I go to CTAN,
> download them, and install it manually?  Or, am I just
> missing something simple?

Hmm, I have no idea. But on CTAN you won't find a thing. I checked
current CTAN
	CTAN/language/hebrew/hebtex/
and jerus10 is mentioned in some files:
	doc/hebrew_tex_and_latex.tex	(and .dvi and .ps)
	macros/latex_macros/hebrew.fdd
	macros/latex_macros/lhecmr.fd
	macros/tex_macros/heb_macros.tex
	unix/new/boris_README.html
	unix/new/INSTALLATION.txt
	unix/new/special.map
	win95/doc/boris_README.html
	win95/doc/boris_README.txt
	doc/guides/all_guides_ps/hebrew_tex_and_latex.ps
	doc/guides/latex_guides/hebrew_latex2e_usage.txt
	doc/examples/latex_examples/guide/hebguide.ps
	doc/examples/latex_examples/letter/heblet.ps
	doc/examples/latex_examples/thesis/thesis.ps
but the font itself I cannot find! In unix/new/INSTALLATION.txt I found
a reference to
	ftp://ftp.cc.huji.ac.il/tex/fonts/
but this does not exist any more.

So to be honest, I have no idea, this seems to be completely messed up.
I guess the only way to "fix" this is to really kill the whole stuff
because it seems broken.

I suggest that you bring up the topic on the tex-live@tug.org mailing
list, maybe together with my findings. There the probability to find
someone with knowledge about babel/hebrew is bigger than here.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
SOTTERLEY (n,)
Uncovered bit between two shops with awnings, which you have to cross
when it's raining.