Re: NOT YET: Please unblock texlive-bin

Hi Frank, hi all!

On Son, 07 Jan 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> But I'm currently not really up to date, or rather I don't know whether
> I am.  As far as I know
>
> - tetex-bin is the same version in etch and sid, texlive-bin isn't (2
>   days needed, has the release team been asked?)
>
> - The patches compile fine
>
> - somewhat different patches have been tested in Ubuntu and Gentoo
>
> - Are there any test reports for the packages Hilmar and Norbert have
>   provided?
>
> - for tetex-bin, we do not have any other bugs currently that we'd like
>   to fix in etch.  For texlive-bin, we'd like to have the mktexlsr bug
>   fixed, too.

I have in the meantime prepared -9 which is available from the tug
servers check part (deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian /check/)
and work here on my computer, were the mktexlsr and the half-hour
dvipdfm bug is fixed with the patch from Mark.

So I guess we should:
- upload -9 of texlive-bin
- ask to unblock -9
- again ask to unblock the other texlive packages which just add some
  files, you already asked, but no response.

> Taking this information (and non-information) together, I would say that
> we could upload tetex-bin with Hilmar's fix.  As for texlive, I'm
> unsure, and would like to know more about the tests.

Well, I am running -9, I don't know about anyone else?!

Ciao

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
POONA (n.)
Satisfied grunting noise made when sitting back after a good meal.