Re: TeXlive packages in Ubuntu

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 12:06:19PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Ming!

Hi Norbert,

> On Sam, 16 Dez 2006, Ming Hua wrote:
> > As you are the Debian maintainer of TeXlive, may I ask you to subscribe
> > the bugmail of TeXlive packages in Launchpad (similar to subscribe to
>
> I have my account taken in Lauchpad, but I wanted to subscribe
> 	debian-tex-maint@lists.debian.org
> and let us=list send a password, but it never arrived.

In Launchpad teams kind of work differently than people, in that you can
have multiple people belong to one team, and you don't need/have a
password for a team, but have admins of a team instead.  I am not sure
if that's exactly the Debian TeX team want, but I think that's better
than sharing a password.

> It was either
> blocked on the Launchpad side or on the Debian lists.debian.org side.
>
> Can you check whether the first is possible, and/or can you send me the
> password for the debian-tex-maint Launchpad account? We have asked the
> listmasters of Debian whether there could be some filtering going on.
> Thanks a lot.

I don't know what happened to the password request mail either, but I
contacted the Launchpad people, and the list address is associated with
a team now:
    https://launchpad.net/people/debian-tex-maint
I've added you as an admin, so you should be able to add members (if
they already have a Launchpad account) and subscribe the team to
packages' bugmails.  I am currently the owner of the team because I made
the request, but I am happy to give the ownership to you or any other
Debian TeX team member.

Thanks for your help on Ubuntu (and for your work on Debian, of course,
but I hope you are already getting enough thanks for that :-) and hope I
helped.

If you or the Debian TeX team need any help on the Ubuntu side, let me
and the Ubuntu science list know.

(P.S.:  I am not subscribed to the debian-tex-maint list, please cc the
reply if you want to reach me.)

Ming
2006.12.21