Re: On the license audit for Debian's TeX-related packages

"João Paulo Dacal" <jpdacal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you a lot for you all being so receptive with us !
>
> I am mostly a Windows XP user too, but I've already used Ubuntu and
> Mandriva and now I'm looking for learning Debian to start, I think
> we'll do our best efforts to contribute.

I think you will be able to do the work on Ubuntu, too - it's just a
Debian derivative, and where recent packages are needed, it is the
*source* package that you need to download, not the binary package
(which might indeed be different in Debian and Ubuntu).