Re: context -0.5

On Mit, 25 Okt 2006, Mike Bird wrote:
> # dpkg --purge context texlive
> <snip>
> dpkg - warning: while removing context, directory `/etc/texmf/context' not
> empty so not removed.
> # find /etc/texmf/context/
> /etc/texmf/context/
> /etc/texmf/context/formats.cnf
>
> I hadn't changed format.cnf.  Is there some reason why it was not
> removed automatically?

Yes, because:
- up to -0.4 the config file was /etc/texmf/context/formats.cnf
- then you upgraded to 0.5, but this does NOT remove old config files!
- so there is still the left over from 0.4

dpkg --purge context
rm -rf /etc/texmf/context		# I wrote this, did I?
dpkg -i context...

> --Mike Bird  (no CC necessary)

Sorry, happens sometimes. I normally press "g" in mutt, meaning
group-reply. Those people who don't wnat a Cc have the right email
headers set (Mail-follow-up or however it is called), so I stopped
caring for and always press "g", I will try my best not to forget ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
GALASHIELS (pl.n.)
A form of particularly long sparse sideburns which are part of the
mandatory uniform of British Rail guards.