Re: context -0.5

Hi Mike!

You are experience the niceties of beta testing, thanks a lot for your
patience ...

On Mit, 25 Okt 2006, Mike Bird wrote:
> > - config file is now
> > 	/etc/texmf/context/config/formats.cnf
> >   Please remove the old config file if it is still present.
>
> Is this safe?  After upgrade it is still owned by context.  How does

WEll, better is
	dpkg --purge context
	rm -rf /etc/texmf/context
	dpkg -i ....

> > - install formats into TEXMFSYSVAR=/var/lib/texmf for root calling
> >   and TEXMFVAR=~/.texmf-var for user calling
> >
> > 	PLEASE REMOVE THE OLD FORMATS UNDER /usr/share/texmf/web2 by
> > 	HAND. Sorry for this, I was stupid!
>
> Does this mean "rm -rf /usr/share/texmf/web2/pdfetex; mktexlsr" ?

Yup, this will do it if you do it as root.

Sorry for all this, but currently I am NOT caring for upgrades between
packages, and files move around arbitrarily. As soon as this is a
proper Debian package in the archive, of course this will change.

Again, thanks for your patience and your valuable input!

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
DULEEK (n.)
Sudden realisation, as you lie in bed waiting for the alarm to go off,
that it should have gone off an hour ago.