Re: ConTeXt installtion and Debian

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 03:44 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:

> So what be the path we want to choose? I have submitted to svn
> something which uses
> 	 TEXFONTMAPS = .;$TEXMF/{fonts/map,}/{$progname,pdftex,dvips,}//
> but I would be happy with
> 	TEXFONTMAPS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{$progname,pdftex,dvips,}//
> too
>
> Any comments what we actually choose?

The latter form does not include the old location TEXMF/dvips//. I am
not sure if there are any packages in Debian that still use this old
location, but it is probably to late for a thorough testing. In order to
avoide double slashes inside the path I would suggest

TEXFONTMAPS = .;$TEXMF{/fonts/map,}/{$progname,pdftex,dvips,}//

(spot the difference ;-), even though I am not sure how important this
is. The multiple slashes at the end are probably unimportant (TeX Live
has them, too).

> And after this, I am FOR an upload after a final check of the
> dh_installtex changes and the man page.

tex-common has meanwhile aquired an RC bug ....

cheerio
ralf