Re: How to deal with teTeX's and texlive's RC licensing bugs

Dear Ohura-san!

On Fre, 29 Sep 2006, OHURA Makoto wrote:
>   Yes.  I'm preparing pgf 1.01-1 now.  Probably I can upload it

Great to hear. Please don't forget that you can take a look at the work
I have done in preparing a test package, this is what I have done:
   * add correct license statement into the copyright file and include
     the list of covered files FILES (Closes: #364749)
   * new upstream, fixing the compatibility problems (Closes: #357255)
   * restrict the dependency to tetex >= 3.0, and add an additional
     dependency on texlive-latex-recommended (Closes: #357008)
   * adapt the debian files for the new location of the documentation files
     cleaned up the rules files from unnecessary commented dh_calls
   * fix the doc-base file to reference an existing pgfmanual.pdf
   * exclude svg files from being compressed, otherwise html documentation
     cannot be viewed (Closes: #360256)
   * bump standards version to 3.7.2, no changes necessary
   * change build-dep-indep to build-deps for dephelper
   * add a lintian override file for the pseudo extra license file
     usr/share/doc/texmf/latex/pgf/text-en/pgfmanual-en-license.tex.gz

You can get it at http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/check/

> this weekend or next week.  After that, I'll work for
> latex-xcolor.

Great. As soon as the two are uploaded and do not only depend on tetex,
I will blacklist the packages in Debian/TeX live and the next generation
will depend on the updated pgf/xcolor/beamer packages. For this it would
be great if you also could upload a latex-beamer package with updated
dependencies. I assume that
	tetex-extra | texlive-latex-recommended
should do the trick.

Thanks a lot for all your work and cooperation!

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
QUERRIN (n.)
A person that no one has ever heard of who unaccountably manages to
make a living writing prefaces.