Re: magic headers

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:
>
>>> You are invited to fix this magic header for me:
>>> eval '(exit $?0)' && eval 'exec perl -S $0 ${1+"$@"}' && eval 'exec perl -S $0 $
>>> argv:q'
>>>   if 0;
>>> use strict;
>>> $^W=1; # turn warning on
>>> #
>>
>> Haha. I'm rather averting my eyes and running away!
>
> This is considered RC by the release team.  There has been discussion
> about this recently (I think it was in a lintian bug that I filed),

This is #344269.

> tetex should have an according bug, too.  I think we should simple
> comment the magic and replace it by a
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> line for Debian.

But this was still wrong.  The scripts are not meant to be executed as
TEXMFDIST/scripts/perl/foo, but by their wrapper in /usr/bin.  Therefore
I think that the answer to Florent's question

,----
|   - shouldn't the executable-not-elf-or-script overrides in
|     texlive-pdfetex.override be fixed by inserting a real
|     "#! /usr/bin/perl ..." shebang line instead of using the override,
|     as I noted you did somewhere else (in some dpatches)?
`----

is: No, not if the script has a proper wrapper in /usr/bin.  At a short
glance, I couldn't find any dpatches changing magic headers.  Florent,
can you give a hint?

Frank Küster