Re: Upload of new texlive packages

On Mit, 09 Aug 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> All other active DDs here are on holiday (except Atsuhito, AFAIK)...

... and I am waiting for my account ...

> The point is: be consistent.
>
>   sh bla.sh
>
> or
>
>   bash bla.bash
>
> but not a mix of sh and bash.

Hmm, for me .sh was a shell extension, not specific for sh in contrast
to bash. I never use .bash extensions. Is this considered good style to
have .bash extensions if you want bash as interpreter?

> > So rest assured, this has been present since some time and binaries were
> > created for all Debian archs.
>
> Please add a comment in the rules file for next time, so that we know
> this is safe (even if a hack).

Good idea, will do it.

> > eval '(exit $?0)' && eval 'exec perl -S $0 ${1+"$@"}' && eval 'exec perl -S $0 $
> > argv:q'
> >   if 0;
> > use strict;
> > $^W=1; # turn warning on
> > #
>
> Haha. I'm rather averting my eyes and running away!

;-) Me too. But I can show you even better ones if you like ...

> I think the POSIX/dash problem won't affect the packages generated by
> the buildds, even if they have sh -> dash (I would be surprised if this
> was the case, though...). If you also think so, I'd say it's OK for this
> time.

Ok.

> As for the recode thing, it is not a bug. I think using recode is more
> elegant, but otherwise it's OK.

Perfect.

On Mit, 09 Aug 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
>     * all: get rid of update-link-files, it was unnecessary, dh_compress
>       is intelligent enough to adjust links
>
>   but the source packages still contain debian/update-link-files.sh.

True, I think I can remove it, didn't do it till now.

> - Same problem with foo{bar,baz} non POSIX-globbing in texlive-extra.

As it was to be expected. WOuld it be an option to specifiy

	SHELL=/bin/bash

in the debian/rules file? Then I wouldn't have to care for this, or?

> Now building texlive-extra...

so -bin and -base is already done. good.

Best wishes and again, thanks a lot!!!

Norbert

DITHERINGTON (n)
Sudden access to panic experienced by one who realises that he is
being drawn inexorably into a clabby (q.v.) conversion, i.e. one he
has no hope of enjoying, benefiting from or understanding.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff