Re: Elementary tasks in need for *tex?

On Sam, 08 Jul 2006, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > Work on the test-bed? A testing system for new versions would be good.
>
> Good. Is there any test-bed that is already being formed or would it be
> written from scratch?

in the svn repository there is test-bed (same level as tetex-base etc).
It is quite simple, but some ideas are already in there.

> > But any other suggestion is welcome, too.
>
> What about the packaging for Debian of texlive? What about checking

> And regarding the Debian packaging, is there anything that a novice
> could do?

Hmm, hard to say. It is perl code, loads of perl code. And of course
Debian packaging. And TeX live internals. I think there is no delimited
topic the students could work on. It is more a long term relationship
;-)

But then again, if someone wants to dig into perl, there is the TODO
file in texlive/trunk/TODO ...

THROCKING (participial vb.)
The action of continually pushing down the lever on a pop-up toaster
in the hope that you will thereby get it to understand that you want
it to toast something. Also: a style of drum-playing favoured by Nigel
Olsson of the Elton John Band, reminiscent of the sound of someone
slapping a frankfurter against a bucket. An excellent example of this
is to be heard on 'Someone Save My Life Tonight' from the album
Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff