Re: webSVN diff display (was: pkg-tetex-commits list)

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 03:28:18PM +0100, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi Frank (and all),
> >
> > How many people make use of the pkg-tetex-commits list?  Should we
> > continue to send full diffs there or abandon it in favour of svn diff?
>
> I've used it only rarely.
>

> And I'd probably use it not at all if I found out how to get
> side-by-side or unified diffs out of webSVN.  side-by-side diffs are
> available for "Compare with previous", but not when selecting particular
> revisions for comparison:  This gives an ugly "red/green background"
> diff.

webSVN doesn't yet do it.  You could certainly file a wishlist bug
against websvn to request this behaviour.

The unified diffs are available by comparing two revisions: red is a
removed line, green is added.

You can always use svn diff to get what you want in a terminal too :)

   Julian