Re: TeX task force

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:31:24PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Die, 14 Feb 2006, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > As Frank says, can't do this.  It's OK for us as everything is in
> > separate directories, but can you imagine the complexity of the
> > general case?
>
> But everything *is* in separate directories:
> pkg-tetex/
> 	tetex-base
> 	tetex-bin
> 	tex-common
> pkg-texlive/
> 	texlive
> 	lmodern
> 	cm-super
> 	texinfo
>
> No chance to get
> pkg-tex/
> 	tetex-base
> 	tetex-bin
> 	tex-common
> 	texlive
> 	lmodern
> 	cm-super
> 	texinfo
>
> ??

No, unfortunately, at least not with its history.  SVN thinks of
entire trees, so this would be quite meaningless.  (What would
revision 1 look like, for example?)

However, you could conceiveably checkout version 1 of pkg-texlive,
copy that (filesystem level copy) into a checked out pkg-tetex tree
and commit it, then do the same for version 2, and so on.  But it
would be far from perfect :(

> > But I fear I may have broken it....
>
> Tell me when you are finished, and I will copy the script and try it out
> in texlive.

Done.

   Julian