problem for updating tetex-bin(3.0-13) on Feb 11,2006

Hi,

  I have encountered a problem when upgrading my tetex today.
I searched online, but without solutions yet. So I ask
you for your kindly help.

  The error message is like,

Setting up tetex-bin (3.0-13)
Running fmtutil-sys. This may take some time. ...
fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.

  However, I did find that fmtutil.cnf is sitting in
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/. And after I created a symlink
for it in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/, it passed, but
the next step(updmap-sys) failed, which said 'updmap.cfg
not found'. This time I still created a symlink for updmap.cfg
in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/. It still could not pass, it
said 'updmap.cfg should not in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/'.

   I am sorry for disturbing you. But, I was confused for a
whole day. This software is important for me. Please help me.
   Thank you.

        yefei
        yefei@castu.tsinghua.edu.cn
          2006-02-11