Re: new lmodern package

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> I didn't look at what lintian says, but I guess the right solution would
> be to put debhelper into Build-Depends, and the rest in Build-Depends
> indep.

But this is of no use. The purpose of Build-Depends-Indep is to avoid
the autobuilders install packages that are only needed when building the
binary-all parts of a source package. Here, there is only a binary-all
part. The autobuilders build nothing. Should a binary-all autobuilder
build lmodern, it would still need to install the Build-Depends, so we
would gain nothing. I think that for source packages that only generate
binary-all binary packages, using only a Build-Depends field is clear
and enough.

--
Florent