Re: Problem with the "updmap scheme" when a font package is in an "inconsistent state"

> On Die, 20 Jun 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
>>   It seems there are two "reliable" ways left to solve the problem:
>>   .dpkg-new checking (fast, but slightly ugly) and dpkg-query (slow, but
>>   cleaner at first sight).
>
> I would opt for .dpkg-new checking:
> * it is faster and quite simple
> * we can change it if dpkg will change in the future. But I am sure we
>   will get a bug report as soon as dpkg does.

I don't really buy the speed argument.  But I also don't see the big
benefit of dpkg-query.  Florent, if you're going to implement it (which
I hope), just use the way that looks simpler to you, and gives nicer
code.

Debian Developer (teTeX)