Re: Problem with the "updmap scheme" when a font package is in an "inconsistent state"

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Yet Another Option (in order to save time) is to parse
>> /var/lib/dpkg/status with sed, considering this:
>>
>> ,----[ http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2006/06/msg00239.html ]
>> | According to the dpkg maintainers, /var/lib/dpkg/status is public enough
>> | to be used. tools like grep-dctrl use this file as well.
>> `----
>
> Which gives Yet Another Option: using grep-status:
>
> % time grep-status -s Status -P -X lmodern
> grep-status -s Status -P -X lmodern  0.26s user 0.01s system 95% cpu 0.281 total

Hm, what is the output if lmodern (or foo) is upgraded, and the new
version is not yet configured (but the old one is)?  How will this be
different from a completely installed new version?  Because this is the
second case we have to catch:  A font package is upgraded and changes
its map file names, but update-updmap and updmap-sys are executed before
its conffiles are installed (for example because tex-common is upgraded
in the same run).

Debian Developer (teTeX)