Re: lmodern 0.99.3-4 MIGRATED to testing

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Shouldn't we just keep lmodern on bpo as it is, *until* xorg 7.0 is
>> backported, too, and only then do the upload?
>
> If I understand correctly, the Xorg version currently in bpo uses the
> same font paths as XFree86, right? In this case, your bpo Xorg can see
> the lmodern fonts with the current lmodern version in bpo.

With lmodern 0.99.3-2 installed (I think the corresponding bpo version
is 0.99.3-1bpo1), I can choose Latin Modern within Xfontsel.

By the way, some things there seem odd to me.

- It's the only font with foundry "unregistered".  Is that correct?
  Something like "misc" sounds more natural to me (but there's also only
  one font "by" misc).

- Roman and Sans have *bold* and medium weights, whereas the typewriter
  variants have *dark* and medium weights.  Wouldn't it be better to use
  a consistent naming?

Debian Developer (teTeX)