Re: Braindump: Can we get rid of the font-cache-group question?

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

>> - apply the patch to tetex-bin and the respective texlive package
>>   (although texlive does not need to be synchronized)
>
> Should I create a new quilt patch for this, or use one of the existing
> ones? I first thought patch-deb would be appropriate, but then this
> patch isn't Debian specific but accepted by upstream.

Previously, things that would be in the next upstream release were put
into patch-tmp.  However, since there won't be a next upstream release,
it's kind of arbitrary; you could as well create a new one.

> (similar things occur in mktexpk)
> In patch-deb we allready patch mktexlsr to use tempfile. Maybe we should
> do this here, too.

That would be nice, yes.

Debian Developer (teTeX)