Re: Future versions of teTeX, and TeXlive as a replacement

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> strange things:
> - jurabib in tl-lang-de (tl-bibtex-extra would better)
>   juramisc etc in tl-latex-extra (tl-lang-de would be better)

juramisc seems to be really specific to german law, or even to german
law studies at the university.  On the other hand, AFAIK jurabib is
generally used by people working in humanities and literature, too.
Well, this is the impression I got from reading the *german* speaking
TeX newsgroup; but I imagine that citing practices are separated more
along fields of science than along languages in which scientists write.

Therefore I suggest moving jurabib away from lang-de.

> tl-chemistry:
>   - only LaTeX packages, but does not depend on tl-latex-base
>   - small
>   => merge with other scientific packages like units, scipaper or
>      textopo into tl-latex-science?

That sounds sensible, yes.

Debian Developer (teTeX)