Re: Braindump: Can we get rid of the font-cache-group question?

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:

> I think it is
> possible to get rid of this problem alltogether by changing the
> configuration of kpathsea, specifically the mktex* scripts. Right now in

We were waiting on upstreams decision to apply the patch, and you were
unsure whether he applied the complete patch, or only the change in the
kpathsea call.  I think Karl has applied it completely:

http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/kpathsea/mktexnam?r1=1485&r2=1607

So we can go ahead.  If I remember correctly, the steps would be:

- apply the patch to tetex-bin and the respective texlive package
  (although texlive does not need to be synchronized)

- make the changes in tex-common, make sure that it does not get to
  testing before the tetex-bin change is in

Is that correct?

Debian Developer (teTeX)