Re: Ping ... still messed up archive ...

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 16:20 +0200, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:

> That could indeed be the reason.  I will disable it and recompile it
> tonight.  So Fontforge will make use of libuninameslist even if used
> non-interactively (with scripts)?

Yes, it also gets stuff like ligature information from that library.
Having incorrect ligature information was the reason this bug in the old
packages was discovered.

> In my case Fontforge converts TTF
> to Type1 .pfb fonts, so Unicode names is pretty much useless IMHO.
> And there's no way to disable libuninameslist, at least according to
> the manpage.
>
> I'll recompile the package, and see what it gives.  Eventually I will
> contact the upstream author and describe my problems.

In case it doesn't help, I think there have been some changes to the
quadratic -> cubic spline converter need for TTF -> Type1 conversion.
Maybe the new algorithm isn't the most efficient one.

Do I undertsand you correctly, that you do the TTF -> Type1 conversion
every time you build the packages? If the TTF fonts are rather stable, I
think it would be a good idea to separate out this step. A radical
approach would be to include the Type1 fonts together with a script used
for conversion in a repacked orig.tar.gz. I am sure there are other,
less extreme possibilities. Maybe ask upstream to include the Type1
fonts, too? Note: I know next to nothing about the structure of your
packages.

cheerio
ralf