Re: Ping ... still messed up archive ...

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 15:00 +0200, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
> > Which FontForge version are you using? I use fontforge-0.0.20060430-1
> > from <URL:http://kebil.ghost.lt/debian/pool/fontforge/> (backported to
>
> I am using the same version.  I have now killed xscreensaver
> completely, and will see what it gives.  Could be some junk in my
> memory; I've killed a few other processes too now.

Other processes like deamons that do nothing should cause any problems.
At least as long as you have enough RAM. On the other hand, xsreensaver
on a machine doing useful, noninteractive work can be counterproductive.

But still, if you see an increase in CPU/RAM usage, this might be
related to libuninamelist, which is now used for the first time in
Debian. The old fontforge packages did build this library, but the
intended static linking didn't work. For CJK fonts I could imagine that
using libuninameslist, which contains basically all the textual
information from the Unicode charts (very handy!), can cost a lot of
RAM. You could test this by building fontforge without libuninameslist
support. Does that help?

cheerio
ralf