Re: License Zeug

> Bug hunting ...
>
> On Fre, 21 Apr 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > Now the script is running, but gives me errors:
>> >
>> > % caption: lppl (verification
>> > % data:3.0i:3.0c,3.1:2006-03-15:frank:header)
>> > tex/latex/caption/*
>> > doc/latex/caption/*
>> > source/latex/caption/*
>> > carlisle: not-in-catalogue
>> > ARRAY(0x8506ddc): Does not exist!
>> > Calling find for ., expanded to texmf-dist/., failed. at
>> > /usr/share/tex-common/tpm2licenses line 378, <CFGFILE> line 12.
>
> This is strange: It comes from:
>       my  @InstalledFiles = `find $fullDir -maxdepth 1 -type f 2>/dev/null | grep -v tetex`
>           or die "Calling find for $dirname, expanded to $fullDir, failed.";
>
> What should this check do? I don't see how it should work?
>
> OR WAIT:
>
> Is there something else missing:
>
> * I have to run the script from the texlive-base/debian AFTER I have
>   make -f debian/rules install ???
> * the check should be either tetex or texlive-pknam depending on
>   what is done?

No, I run the script just from texlive/pool/texlive-base-2005/.  The
find call looks in $fullDir, which would be
e.g. ./texmf-dist/tex/latex/base or ./texmf/tex/latex/base, and
generates a list of all files in it (the grep -v for tetex is because of
the many Makefile.tetex and similar in the teTeX tree).

Later the script checks whether the list of files generated by find and
the  list of files from the tpm are the same, and if yes, it replaces

$fullDir/bla.sty
$fullDir/blubb.sty
$fullDir/foo.sty

by

$fullDir/*

The error message about the nonexisting array is totally unclear to me -
it seems we (i.e. Tpm.pm) is using some internals of XML::DOM that
aren't meant to be used, or whatever, and we get a reference to an empty
array instead of a list when calling "split (/\n/,$SourceFiles{"text"})".

Debian Developer (teTeX)