Re: License Zeug

> Hi Frank!
>
> On Fre, 21 Apr 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > So I copied the FileUtils.pm from texlive svn repo to
>> > /usr/share/tex-commmon.
>>
>> Hm, I do not need that, but I don't see at a quick glance which other
>> perl module is used.
>
> So can you tell me which FileUtils.pm your perl uses? /usr/local one?

Sorry, yes - I forgot that I put FileUtils.pm into /usr/local some time
ago.  So we need to install FileUtils.pm from LocalTPM/Tools into
/usr/share/tex-common, too.

>> Nothing, one more thing i forgot to explain.  The script currently can't
>> cope with tpm files that do not have an entry for one of the file types
>> at all (most of the time, SourceFiles is missing).  And IIRC it runs,
>> but gives bad output if the entry exists but doesn't contain anything -
>> there needs to be some whitespace (that is later removed).
>
> Ok, I will check tpm2licenses, this should be fixable.
>
>> Therefore I have changed the tpm files in
>> texlive/trunk/LocalTPM/texmf-dist/tpm, and you need to copy them into
>> the checked tree.  Or change the script to read from LocalTPM...
>
> Then what is the setting
> 	tpmdir = ../../LocalTPM/texmf-dist/tpm
> for? I thought it might do this.

Hm, I'm not completely sure whether this is the complete story, but at
least the most important thing is this:

- for tetex-base and tetex-extra, only working, checked tpm files exist
  in debian/tpm.  tpmdir is set to this directory, and when called
  without an argument, tpm2licenses checks all tpms in this directory

- for texlive, this didn't work because there are many unchecked,
  non-working tpm files there.  Therefore, $tpmdir is ignored for
  texlive, and the texlive-<package>.tpm4licenses.cfg file is used
  instead to get a list of tpms to look at.

I might be wrong, and I don't have time now to look into it, sorry.

Regards,

Debian Developer (teTeX)