Re: New splitting scheme

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>
>> Maybe it would be more consistent to move the file that we want to
>> remove out of debian/tmp with a call to dh_install and then rm -r the
>> tree afterwards.  This way, we can keep the information in the same
>> format as the install files for the real packages.  But it requires that
>> dh_install can work for packages not defined in debian/control, don't
>> know whether this works.
>
> This sounds like a good option, as long as one can't pass a list of
> files not to be installed to dh_install via '--exclude'.

I've now done that, it works like a charm.  The only nuisance is that we
need to list all packages:

	dh_install --sourcedir=debian/tmp --list-missing \
	   --package=$(package) --package=$(extra) --package=$(docpack) \
	   --package=dontinstall

(or, well, I never tried whether combining -i --package=dontinstall
works, too).

> Another
> possibility would be to actually remove stuff like lmodern or beamer
> from the orig.tar.gz. IIRC we have to repack that anyway because of some
> non-free documentation.

I don't like this - it might well be that other LaTeX packages are also
packages as separate Debian packages later, after we've repacked the
orig.tar.gz.

Debian Developer (teTeX)