New splitting scheme (was: SVN tetex-base commit: r1214 - in tetex-base/branches/new-splitting/debian: . rules.d)

Frank Küster <frank@costa.debian.org> wrote:

>    tetex-base/branches/new-splitting/debian/tetex-base.install
>    tetex-base/branches/new-splitting/debian/tetex-doc.install
>    tetex-base/branches/new-splitting/debian/tetex-extra.install
> Log:
> worked on splitting:
> - install into debian/tmp first, then move with dh_install
> - allow comments in install files
> - use them

Ralf once asked how I plan to implement the new splitting, now it can be
tested.  After switching to the branch, or checking it out, you can run
"fakeroot debian/rules copy-texmf-stamp" (never tested further, will
probably fail).

This will first copy the files under debian/tmp/usr/share/texmf-tetex
and then copy them to debian/<package>/usr/share/texmf-tetex.

The *install files are far from complete, and a lot of things are left
in debian/tmp.  But I think we should try to clear up what's currently
moved - e.g. I'm not sure that all decisions wrt to fonts are good.

Debian Developer (teTeX)