Re: Guidelines for packaging projects on Alioth

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:

(on d-d-a)

[...]
> * All existing packaging projects should use svnmailer to send SVN diffs
>   to the Package Tracking System. A sample configuration file is provided
>   and I can help if you have troubles installing it.
[...]
> 2.1. Configuring SVN to send commit notifications
>
>    It is very important that you install a SVN hook to send commit
>    notifications to the Package Tracking System since this is the
>    canonical way for many people to follow what's happening on a given
>    source package.

Even if this is "the canonical way", I don't think we need to change our
practice (we're sending to the pkg-tetex-commits mailing list instead of
the pts).  I don't even think we should bother arguing why, but just
ignore this.

Debian Developer (teTeX)