Re: Question for DD: TeX live upload to unstable?

From: Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Question for DD: TeX live upload to unstable?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:49:17 +0100

> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
>
> >> I suspect only very basic part of TeXlive will be sufficient
> >> for pTeX but not sure yet.
> >
> > I will investigate, too, and see if we can get a decent cooperation.
>
> I assume that we will get problems with ptex. I never tested to use it,
> knowing nothing about it, but I know that ptex-bin fails to build from
> source with teTeX-3.0, see #322387.

I saw #322387 and found that ptex-bin package was obsolete.

An upstream of pTeX already released ptex-src-3.1.9 which
supported teTeX-3.0 (the current ptex-bin was based on
ptex-src-3.1.5).

So I assume that ptex will have no problem with teTeX-3.0 but
I'm not sure if it has a problem with texlive or not.

Regards,			 2006-2-20(Mon)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima