Re: dh_installtex and Policy

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 21:38 +0100, Florent Rougon wrote:
> FYI: I also fixed the scripts with respect to the following:
>
>     update-updmap (and its friends) does use kpsewhich (to find the
>     TEXMFVAR path in user-specific mode...), therefore I also protected
>     its calls with the "kpsewhich ckeck".

That doesn't hurt for sure. However, as you noted kpsewhich is used in
user-specific mode only, while update-updmap should always run in
system-wide mode when called from maintainer scripts. It looks as if we
are reaching the point where a font package no longer needs to depend on
tex-common ...

cheerio
ralf