Re: Question for DD: TeX live upload to unstable?

On Son, 19 Feb 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> > I had expected it to depend on one of the l10n packages
> > (texlive-lang-*), with others being specified as options (i.e., with
> > "|").
>
> I suspect that texlive-lang-* have a similar problem (though
> these might be more delicate...).

??? Again, I don't understand and don't see the problem. YOu can install
*ALL* the language packages together, it gives you SUPPORT for this
language, it is NOT a i18n package!

> For example texlive-lang-polish was installed automatically
> and it conflicted with ptex (name of japanese TeX system)
> packages.  This is not yet problem at present but will be a
> problem in a near future, I guess.

Umpf, why did I make ptex a conflict with texlive-lang-polish? Strange.
It should probably go somewhere else.

But there is one item on my TODO list:
- remove all ocnflicts as the texlive packages now install their files
  into texmf-texlive, check wether this really works with all
  the packages.
I am still not sure if I want to do this, ...

Concerning ptex: I have no idea wether this will work with TeXlive
packages at all. Can someone inform me? Any idea? What is actually
needed from a basic tex package for ptex to work?

EDGBASTON (n.)
The spare seat-cushion carried by a London bus, which is placed
against the rear bumper when the driver wishes to indicate that the
bus has broken down. No one knows how this charming old custom
originated or how long it will continue.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff