Re: Question for DD: TeX live upload to unstable?

HI Rogério!

On Son, 19 Feb 2006, Rogério Brito wrote:
> I was about to install texlive here, but one of the things that got me
> scared was the fact that the documentation packages were all
> dependencies of the package texlive. Is this really intended?

Do I understand correctly that you are scared from
	`texlive' depends on `texlive-doc-foobar'
?
Why?

The description of the texlive package states clearly that it tries to
pull in *ALL* packages necessary to get a system which resembles the
full installation of TeX live from the original DVDs.

You don't have to install `texlive',
	aptitude install texlive-latex-recommended texlive-fonts-recommended
is definitely enough for normal use.

> I had expected it to depend on one of the l10n packages
> (texlive-lang-*), with others being specified as options (i.e., with
> "|").
>
> Is this reasonable to ask?

Again, see the intention behind the `texlive' package. You don't NEED
this package, it is a meta package *only*. Install whatever language you
need together with the relevant packages.

`How do you feel?' he asked him.
bits of me keep
passing out.' ....
`We're safe,' he said.
`Oh good,' said Arthur.
in one of the
spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.'
this is obviously some strange usage of
the word "safe" that I wasn't previously aware of.'
                 --- Arthur after his first ever teleport ride.